Answered

sonos connect

• 15 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello

I would like to  connect my Sonos Connect to Samsung HW-Q990B. Can I use the digital optical audio cable? what android should I use?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 May 2023, 11:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tsunami007 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes - you could connect a Sonos Connect to that soundbar via digital optical. 

You can find the supported versions of Android on our Sonos app requirements help page, though there are additional older versions that offer limited support as described on our Using Sonos with unsupported operating systems page.

I hope this helps.

Hi @tsunami007 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes - you could connect a Sonos Connect to that soundbar via digital optical. 

You can find the supported versions of Android on our Sonos app requirements help page, though there are additional older versions that offer limited support as described on our Using Sonos with unsupported operating systems page.

I hope this helps.

Beg to differ, but the Connect doesn’t have a optical input, only analog.  The OP would need an optical-to-analog adapter, and even then, the Connect would apply the customary 75 ms delay to the analog in, causing lip sync problems. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jgatie 

I assumed @tsunami007 was looking to output from the Connect into an input of the Samsung, which should work. If it is the other way around, then you are correct and it is not possible without an adaptor - @tsunami007, please be advised!

Hi @jgatie 

I assumed @tsunami007 was looking to output from the Connect into an input of the Samsung, which should work. If it is the other way around, then you are correct and it is not possible without an adaptor - @tsunami007, please be advised!

Ahhh, my bad.  I saw “Samsung” and immediately thought TV.  Carry on. 🤐