Answered

sonos Connect

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Use Connect link to turntable but will not update. Error message says "incompatible"

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 November 2022, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
hello, the sonos connect is compatible with all turntables whether they are pre-amplified or not if you have a pre-amp.on which screen do you get your error message?Cordially

Are you having difficulty updating the OS on your CONNECT? The device has no idea what is connected to the analog input, so whether there is a turntable or something else doesn’t make any difference. 

What Sonos OS is it running, S1 or S2? What device is your controller running on, and what operating system is that device running? How is the CONNECT connected on your network, do you have it hard wired to your router with an Ethernet cable, does it work via SonosNet or does it work from your Wi-Fi signal?

Have you tried to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Thanks guys, now sorted. What I did was download S1 app and try that with cable connection to LAN. Didn’t work same message “incompatible” then it asked that I use S2, I disconnect the LAN cable and allowed WiFi connection then tried to upgrade again and it worked. I have no idea which bit of the above process made it work but it did. Can now listen to vinyl again! Thanks