Answered

Sonos Cannot Connect to Spotify

• 23 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a strange one and i have searched for this issue and see loads of folk have had this before however my issue is weird.

So we have been using Sonos (ARC,sub and 4 sonos one) for 2 months and everything is awesome.

Last night we were listening to spotify and suddenly everything goes quiet.

I check my sonos app (where i had triggered spotify from) and was told it had lost connection.

I went through all the usual fixes, router reboot, dhcp refres, sonos reboots and nothing fixed it.

I noticed i could play from Spotify though by selecting a speaker. What i also noticed is that volume was really low when all speakers were selected but if i started with the lounge and added speakers back it was fine.

Then i went back once i had triggered play from spotify and i could again trigger it from sonos.

I thought this was fixed.

However tonight i have the same issue. Got it working in the same manner but this is a pain in the arse and not why i dropped the cash on this setup.

Can anyone help?

I have submitted diagnostics under ref 126023318

icon

Best answer by Xander P 24 June 2021, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mdiver, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sending that diagnostic over - unfortunately it does look like you are being affected with an ongoing issue with Spotify, causing the lost connection messages.

Our engineers are aware of the issue and looking in to getting it resolved, however there’s no timeline for a fix I can share right now. In the meantime, I’d recommend using Spotify Direct Control to play to Sonos, directly from the Spotify app :)