Answered

Sonos Boost and Play 3 offline

• 18 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I had a Sonos Boost connected to my router with a system of a Play 3, a 2nd Gen Play 5 and 2 One SL’s. These all worked together perfectly. A couple of weeks ago, we had some works done at home which meant that everything had to be unplugged and disconnected. I set the system up again last week but the Boost refuses to work. The power light is on and it’s connected directly to our router as before (which is working fine) but it’s not being recognised by my app. I’ve even performed a factory reset, but the light just flashed green without ever connecting. I replaced my old Play 5 with a stereo pair of Fives and they work just fine, as do my two One SL’s. The Play 3 seems to be having the same issue as the Boost insofar as it isn’t connecting.

My question is, do I still need the Boost or is it now an obsolete piece of equipment? I’ve actually unplugged it and packed it away and my system continues to work, so I guess it’s not needed. Same question regarding the Play 3. I know this is an old speaker that’s been discontinued, but it worked perfectly well before being unplugged and now it won’t connect.

Thanks,

Joe

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 December 2023, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’ve recently given away my Boost to a relative and now run all on my WiFi, which is much quicker and I think works better than SonosNet - so I would leave things as they stand and perhaps sell/give the Boost away.

As far as the Play:3 is concerned, that should work. My thoughts are now that you’re back up and running with your system, is to factory reset that one more time and try adding to the system whilst it is wired to your router and see if that works for you. Once it is setup you can then uncable it and put it back in place to run it on your WiFi. However if that doesn’t work for you then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.