sonos architecural speakers not detected

• 6 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I have 2 sonos ceiling speakers installed in the kitchen, these are hard wired to a sonos amp in which is upstairs in a cupboard. 

The amp works fine, good sound from the speakers when playing from my phone.

I have tried to connect my external echo dot as the voice controller. When running through the app set up, it tells me I don't have any dealers registered to my sonos account. So I go into my account to assign the architectural ceiling speakers. The audio beep comes out of the speakers, but the app says 'sonos architecural speakers not detected.

Without these speakers registered to my account, I can not enable the sonos skill on my Alex app. Therefore can not link the 2

I spent an hour and 50 minutes on the phone last night to sonos help doing resets, trying work arounds and they concluded that it should work but doesn't.

Is anyone familiar with such problems please?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Do you have anything connected between AMP and the speakers -- such as an in-wall Volume control? Which SONOS controller are you using during speaker setup? Are you in the Kitchen with a SONOS controller while you attempt to setup the speakers? If you are using an iPhone/iPad controller can you use Trueplay in the Kitchen?

Hi,

I have them wired to banana plug socket on the wall with leads to the amp, however, I have since removed these and the speakers are directly hard wired to the amp.

I'm using the sonos app which I used at set up

I have tried setting up in the kitchen as well as stood next to the amp and the same with the router. 

I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 20

I have also reset the router, taken everything off it apart from the amp. Reset the amp and my account.