Answered

Sonos and your mobile device must be on the same network.

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I keep getting the above message on all my devices, it has been fine for years, nothing has changed just keep getting this message and not being able to connect. I did recently subscribe to sonos radio, I will be unsubscribing, that may help. I have removed the app from all my devices, started again, signed in, got it sorted (or so I thought) an hour later, same message.

icon

Best answer by daveathall 2 September 2022, 11:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What mobile device are you using? Is it logged in to the same subnet as your Sonos speakers? Have you  submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

It shouldn’t have anything whatsoever to do with Sonos Radio, for whatever that’s worth, it’s two different things. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

What mobile device are you using? Is it logged in to the same subnet as your Sonos speakers? Have you  submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

It shouldn’t have anything whatsoever to do with Sonos Radio, for whatever that’s worth, it’s two different things. 

Thank you, I havent sent a report because I dont think I can. It doesn't recognise that I have a sonos system, it just doesn't find it now that I removed the app and tried to re install it. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much, I will call support tomorrow.

Agreed, if it can’t see your Sonos system, you won’t be able to submit that diagnostic. I’d at least temporarily be wiring the speaker directly to your router, to rule out any wifi issues. But that conversation with Sonos support would be telling, certainly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you very much for your help, I powered everything off in the house, basically tripping the switch for the whole house, I then unplugged all my Sonos eqt  and router, I even completely switched off all my iPhones, iPads etc and then switched them all back on again. It seems to have worked. Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.