Question

Sonos Amp: Subwoofer Audio option disappears from settings at random

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Have a weird issue with my Amp/the Sonos app. Occasionally and seemingly at random, the “Sub Audio” option will come and go from the Sound section of the settings menu for the Amp. I’m guessing the amp only shows the option if it detects that there is something connected to the subwoofer output, and thinks there’s nothing there - even though the output is still putting out a signal, and the subwoofer is working. Then at random it will come back, but not always.

The sub is a Fyne Audio F3.8, with power switched to permanently on, not to auto.

This can be pretty annoying as I often tweak the sub levels in the evenings to knock the bass out a bit, but it means sometimes the option to adjust just isn’t there.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

App version: S2 / 12.2

Amp version: S2 / 12.2 (61182310)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @benhodgson, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. I’d be happy to help you out here and it would be best if you can submit a diagnostic report of your system for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.