Answered

Sonos Amp random popping / cracking sound on left channel

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have a Sonos Amp (new generation). its been plugged in october. I noticed that often when changing songs on Spotify, I would hear a popping / cracking sound from my left speaker. I tried to reproduce the problem but it was really random. A week ago, it started cracking /popping at random pretty much at any time, on any source like when I use Spotify, my TV or my Amazon Fire stick.

I interchanged the left and right speaker to see if the problem was coming from the speakers, and it was still only affecting the left channel... I tried new cables, new banana plug... New hdmi cable... Connected to my network with a cable... Still no luck…

Is there a possibility that my amp needs to be repaired or maybe there's an update or something I could do?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Simon B 7 January 2021, 00:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @MaxLevL, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system, so that we can check for the status of the whole system. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  Also, I want to ask if when did the issue start happening? and If are there any changes made before this issue occurred?

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi! 

My confirmation number is 1627793477

I started to notice the popping sound in the first weeks of use. But it was only when I used Spotify mostly... Now it became completely random on all sources. I didn't change anything before this week where I tried pretty much everything from different speakers to new cables and network configuration... 

Thanks for your help

I just did a test since the problem was more intense tonight, I plugged my right speaker in the left channel... Look at the video, you'll hear what it does

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NYCmUpwRyazVoM2j9

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MaxLevL, thanks for the update and sorry for the late response. On the video that you sent, I can definitely hear the popping sound on it. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They’ll ask you for this video proof and provide options about this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.