Sonos Amp, One SL and Wired Speaker Issues

• 7 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a new Sonos Amp with 2 Sonos One SLs. I’ve hardwired (2) 125W Proficient Audio speaker selectors (4 port each) to the back of my Sonos amp. I currently run (3) Proficient Audio dual tweeter speakers indoors (Speaker Type - indoor/ceiling): Proficient Audio C825TT, 150W, 8 OHM)  and (4) Proficient Audio dual tweeter speakers outdoors (Speaker Type - outdoor): Proficient Audio AW600TT, 125W, 4 OHM). All 7 of my Proficient Audio speakers are hardwired with Genesis 16/4 speaker wire. My Sonos Ones are easy, run and sound great but all the hardwired speakers have volume control issues. When listening to music they always automatically decrease in volume to a setting I estimate to be around 15% but the Sonos speakers remain loud.

I recently read on this support page an article that stated the Sonos amp couldn't run a 4 ohm speaker. Not sure if that is true. 

I’ve followed all online troubleshooting tips and cannot get them to work in unison with the Sonos amp and speakers. I’ve read that this is an issue and I’m sure the solution is simple; I just cannot figure it
out. The easy answer would be to sell all indoor and outdoor speakers and simply buy all Sonos but I dont think thats a wise way to go. 

• I have turned off the amp and turned it back on
  • I have googled the issue and it doesn't work either; following numerous recommendations
  • I run volume control through my Iphone

I cannot figure out why the volume always decreases to the exact same level where I can no longer hear any of my wired speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My next course of action that I am contemplating is hard wiring Russound ALT-126R volume control switches to a few wired speaker pairs. I was told I could control all volume from my Iphone but that isn't the case. I never run all speakers at once through the amp at once; only select rooms based on where I am in the house. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You appear to be trying to overload your Amp.  Be thankful for the speaker switches, which are probably just doing their job

The Amp can support one pair of 4 Ohm speakers. 

I am not sure to what extent it helps that you don't run all speakers at once - depends which ones, maybe.

That’s what I figured. 

Is it possible to connect a Sonos Amp to Sonos One SLs via wi-fi?

I have just purchased a turntable and would like it go through my Sonos One’s and Sonos Amp?

Thanks

Yes, all Sonos devices are part of the Sonos ecosystem, and connect to each other. 

In your case, the pre-amp’d turntable goes to the analog input on the Sonos Amp, and then can be played on both the speakers connected to the Amp as well as any other Sonos speakers you may have.