Sonos Amp Mount

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

We are building an outdoor pavilion with a tv that will be on a motorized mount from the ceiling (centered between the two posts here). I’m planning to use the Sonos by Sonnance outdoor speakers with the Sonos amp for sound.

Can the Sonos wall mounted bracket for the amp be mounted on the ceiling? I’m going to need two of them so I’d prefer to mount them next to each other, but there is no wall here (see photo). 

My other option would be to mount them on each side where the posts are (these will be wrapped so final measurement of the posts will be 10” wide), and just run the HDMI ARC from one of them to the tv. 

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you look at the images for the Sanus mount on the Best Buy website, they do show it mounted to the ceiling (of a closet). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Any possibility of wall-mounting them to the cross-beams in the wall-mount orientation?

The mount looks like it would work mounted to the ceiling. If you are concerned about the clamping bar holding you could add a couple support straps to supplement it. If concerned about the screw connection to the Amp a drop of a product like Lock-Tite Blue (non-hardening) would vibration proof it but still be easily removable.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-wall-mount-amp

The inverted option does look nice but I’d make sure the cables were secure in the clips, maybe adding a strap there as the openings are just friction-fit when inverted.

Userlevel 7

Hi

That’s good looking project! Just curious...how will yo employ the second Amp? My assumption is that you’ll dedicate one Amp to the TV with two speakers. The second AMP which can drive up to 6 speakers will be used how?