Answered

Sonos Amp does not switch to WM 0

• 10 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I have seen this issue here multiple times, but I so far I did not found a solution:

My new Sonos Amp does not switch to Sonos Net (wm 0). It always stays on wm 1. And causes then problems when beeing in the same group as the other, wm 0 devices - at least I think this is the reason why I have dropouts and unreachable sonos systems ;) As long as the Amp its on its own, every thing seems fine.

So: Any idea about how I can convince the Amp to switch? WifI signal is ok there. But I am no Sonos Techi to know what else I can do/switch/toggle…

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 10 January 2024, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sometimes, the device needs a reboot, by unplugging it from power for a minute or two. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you own any Sonos devices that do not do Sonosnet? If not, delete the wifi credentials from your system. The Amp will not have another choice than to connect to Sonosnet.

Do you own any Sonos devices that do not do Sonosnet? If not, delete the wifi credentials from your system. The Amp will not have another choice than to connect to Sonosnet.

Seemed to have worked ;) Took some time but finally the Amp decided to join the SonosNet

Thank you! 

Sometimes, the device needs a reboot, by unplugging it from power for a minute or two. 

Thanks for your suggestion, but the pure reboot did not do the trick.