Skip to main content

I’m working on connecting two speakers in the master bath of a home I’m building (Klipsh CDT-3650-C II in-ceiling speakers, 8 ohm) to a Sonos Amp, and I’m unsure how to connect the wiring to the amp.

When the wiring was put in place, both speakers were wired in mono (12 gauge CL2, in wall speaker wire). This means that I only have (1x) red lead and (1x) black lead for both speakers in my control cabinet, and I’m unsure how to wire it into the amp. 

Do I connect them to the L input via the banana plugs, and then select the “Dual Mono” setting in the Sonos App? Any advice would be appreciated, A/V is not my strong suit. Thank you!

If you only have 1 wire pair going to two separate speakers, the speakers are more than likely wired in series.  Sonos doesn’t recommend speakers wired in series, they should be wired in parallel.  

If you only have 1 wire pair going to two separate speakers, the speakers are more than likely wired in series.  Sonos doesn’t recommend speakers wired in series, they should be wired in parallel.  

Thank you for the reply, it appears the speakers are wired in parallel.

Regardless of the speakers being wired in series or parallel, you should set AMP for Dual Mono and connect the speakers to either the left or right AMP output.

Thank you for the reply, it appears the speakers are wired in parallel.

If they are, you are wasting half the power of the Amp by wiring them to a single channel output.  Optimum would be two sets of wires, a pair for each speaker, going to both outputs on the Amp, with the Amp set to mono mode.