Answered

Sonos Amp Access Panel Installation

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

This is an installation and functionality question. I am a builder + tech/audio enthusiast but not a professional in the AV installation field. 

I have an older house with wood clad walls. I am installing a TV on my wall with a recess so it sits flush to the wall. My plan was to install the sonos amp vertically behind the TV - to which i had verified the depth. However I have a question relating to vertical and hidden installations. 

If I am ‘hiding’ my Sonos Amp within a wall, on a wall bracket, will there be any detrimental performance issues?

Obviously I am considering heat dispersion and have allowed for passive ventilation. However the void depth in which I am installing is 90mm-100mm (64mm sonos amp, installed on a wall bracket, allows for around 30-40mm), the height and width is essentially the entire cavity of the wall. So lots of space to dissipate any heat is what I think? 

I will be cabling direct to the sonos amp (cat6 cable, HDMI to TV, speaker cabling + power of course). So I think i’ve mitigated any wi-fi issues by connecting directly. 

The TV will also be on a pull out bracket, so I will be able to access the amp for any re-wiring or anything if i’d need to get to the amp post install. 

Control will just be my TV remote. 

Other than this i can’t think of any problems of the install? Can the community foresee any major issues I have over looked. 

Thank you, 

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 January 2024, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Some building codes will balk at this arrangement. The AMP will use a private 5GHz connection to surround speakers.