Answered

Sonos 2 21.01 forcing update system unusable

• 2 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I opened my sonus interface and was greeted with a notification to upgrade.  So I am okay with that but cannot get past below screen:

Also “Help → About” shows all my speakers correctly but under “System” I’m missing ½ my speakers :-(  I was happy with this sound solution now not so much…..

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 October 2020, 22:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Two suggestions.

First, try a refresh of your network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Wait till the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

Second, if the above doesn’t work, try connecting one of your Sonos devices with an Ethernet cable to your router. Wait a minute or two, then test.

Once they’re all showing back up, try running the update again. If it fails again, unplug all speakers except the one that failed, and connect just that one to your router, and run the update again. Repeat as necessary to get all speakers updated.

Once they’re all updated, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. My guess is you’re experiencing some significant  wifi interference which is causing the update process to fail before it completes.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Badge

This has been a constant challenge with this sound system.  My wireless has not changed, my networking has not changed. The only thing that has changed is the Sonos software and with each update there seems to be more disruptive behavior introduced then features/functionality.  I will submit the diagnostics but i don’t see how, when the network does not change, I can be facing such challenges.  I have 25+ devices on my network and the only thing that has an issue with “my wifi” are these speakers and I refuse to disrupt the whole of my entire network to end up in the same place, which is always the case.

Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @concep, thank you for reaching back to the community and I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Let me help you out with this.

@Airgetlam is right, you need to refresh your network and your Sonos devices by unplugging them from the power. 

Upon checking the images on this thread, you had issues in updating your Sonos system and submitting the diagnostic. In this case, your Sonos system unable to reach the Sonos server to proceed with the update.

To refresh your network devices, Sonos product, and mobile device in a sequential reboot.

A sequential reboot means that we need this in order.

• Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
  • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
  • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
  • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

After rebooting your systems and devices, please try to submit a diagnostic to see if it will work. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Badge

I ran this today and it simply worked. No changes to my network, no changes to the devices...very frustrating.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @concep, thank you for updating us. Your frustrations are completely understandable. I really appreciate all your effort in getting it resolved.

I’m glad that it’s working now. Please feel free to reach back to us if you need help and submit a diagnostic and provide us the confirmation number to check.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.