Answered

Songs stop playing at end of songs

• 16 February 2022
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

See I don’t think it is the Fives - I think it’s either the Airplay sending iOS devices, or something to do with the local network… I’ve just finished airplaying all three Ed Sheeran albums with no issues seen. So it’s likely something local to where you are. It would be interesting to see what happens if you are able to try things on another network, which I assume given your employ might not be too big an issue to test.

Everything is all working okay here.

There used to be complaints about iOS devices stopping airplay if a call, or a notification, was received, or they fell asleep etc; but I assume those issues are long-since fixed, unless there’s something peculiar with iPhone 13 / iPad Pro etc. to help them save on battery life -

I’ve not got much running in memory on my iOS devices here and they fallback to ‘Lock Screen’ after 2 minutes - but there are so many iOS settings that might be playing a role.

I can add, that I have disabled Private Address, Screen Time, WiFi calling and some notifications and location services, but I can’t say if any of these things might be the culprit in your case. I do allow the Sonos App/Amazon Music App to run in the background.

Anyhow I would perhaps first try another network subnet with a different router/brand and see what happens in that case (if that’s an option you can stretch to) - if the issue persists, then maybe consider a closer look at the iOS devices, though the fact it happens using your iPhone and iPad Pro is a factor that points more towards it being a router issue, perhaps? 

I have the iPad Pro (3rd Gen) here too (model FTEL2B/A) and I’ve not noticed any Airplay issues with that device… so see if putting things onto a different Router sorts your problem.