Answered

Song not encoded correctly.

• 14 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Yes, I have read all of these forums. 

Yes, I am tired of trying to fix this. 

I have changed the channel on my wifi and sonosNet.  I have unplugged everything and reset everything a millions times over with different channels, different router settings, device settings and everything. 

NOTHING seems to be fixing this error for me. 

I am considering taking these back and just getting a refund.   They worked great for a week and suddenly just stopped working without any apparent reason.  This is a defect. 

Is there any last thing I can do before I take these back?  I am not looking forward to getting in-store credit for these. 

Note: House full of new Gen 3 Sonos equipment.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 March 2021, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gman4000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I suspect your Sonos speakers are having trouble with your WiFi network. As a test, could you please connect one speaker (not your Sub) to your router with an ethernet cable. Wait 2 minutes, then test your whole system. Having a Sonos product wired to ethernet will make it transmit a new WiFi, just for Sonos, which your other speakers will automatically prefer.

If your system is now better, and you don’t mind leaving it like that, I recommend that’s what you do. If you’d rather keep them all wireless, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. Specifically, I think they’ll need to separate your 2.4 and 5GHz bands so that they have different network names, which prevents your router from band-steering Sonos towards 5GHz.