Skip to main content
Answered

Solid white light on Sonos Play:1 but can't set up

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, im new to the community 🙂 I have been given a sonos 1 by a family member....and it doesnt work! hee hee. I thought id ask if it can be fixed before i get rid of it. I have tried to link it up to my wifi through the app (initial setup) but i havent got very far! Ive turned on the power and a white constant light is lit and when i try to search for  my network it just keeps searching and isnt connecting to anything or moving on from the little search ikon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im a sonos virgin! Thanks in advance :-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You probably just need to ‘factory reset’ the speaker in order to set it up with your mobile Sonos controller App, the instructions to reset are shown here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

Thank you ken_griffiths i shall give it a try

hi someone gave me a sonos play:1 speaker and i cannot reset it and cant use it i already tried everything.but still i cant connect it to wireless and ethernet.only showing steady solid white light.can someone help me out.thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What happened when you followed the procedure that Ken_Griffiths linked to above? If it failed, at what point did it fail?