Answered

SiriusXM unable to connect

• 3 November 2020
  • 9 replies

For the past few days I cannot reliably connect to SiriusXM on any of the apps (Phone, iPad, Mac desktop).  When I browse for SiriusXM channels I get messages like “unable to connect..” This has happened in the past and then for some reason it corrects itself days later. Why?

icon

Best answer by Austinite 17 February 2021, 22:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Can’t connect to my Port today thru the Sonos app on my iPad or iPhone.  Streaming thru the iPhone SiriusXM app on my iPhone works though so the problem seems to be on the Sonos side.   Pretty disappointing.  I’ve got to say the fidelity of SiriusXM thru the Sonos app isn’t very good.  Doesn’t seem to stream the highest bitrate that SiriusXM supports.  The apple SiriusXM app lets me choose between normal, high & maximum quality.  Max streaming thru airplay is noticeably better than the native Sonos connection appears to support.  SiriusXM streaming is the main reason I tried Sonos.  If I have to stream thru airplay there doesn’t seem to be any point to have the Sonos Port to me.  Something like the blue sound node 2i looks like it would be a better choice.  I might have to dump Sonos & find a better option with something else.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

SiriusXM is again not reachable for me. This seems to occur weekly and is becoming most tiresome.

This IS a Sonos issue as the SiriusXM app works fine.

Come on, Sonos, get this figured out with SiriusXM so your customers could reliably use.

Yep.  And I deleted my Sirius account and now I can't re-add it...it says “Account not found” even though it’s fine on the SiriusXM app.  Come on Sonos….

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Comical that Sonos is reporting all is ok with their SiriusXM availability: status.sonos.com/

Not currently: https://status.sonos.com

They’ve known about this since Oct. 29.  Pretty lousy technical staff ability if they can’t solve this problems in 3 days!

I’ve been trying multiple times to Add Music > Sirius, but all I get is “Unable to Connect.” Doesn’t seem any way around it. It used to work fine a while back but now, nothing. I have the All Access with Sirius, streams on the Sirius app fine, have a streaming account which is separate from the primary account and all is good! WHY ISN”T SONOS GOOD ABOUT THIS? IT USED TO ADD MUSIC with no issue. HELP SONOS, you’ve got a great product and service, but this issue doesn’t seem to be resolved! Am I MISSING something?

Userlevel 7

@Austinite Try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and close and restart the app. Then try adding SiriusXM to your music services again.

OK, I figured the solution to add Sirius. First, you must have ALL ACCESS which includes STREAMING (unless there is a plan for streaming only, perhaps). Second, you must have logged into a separate site for streaming Sirius, player.siriusxm.com

Third, you must have your username and pw for Sirius ready. 

Fourth, open SONOS app, SETTINGS>SERVICES & VOICE>ADD A SERVICE>SIRIUS>then log into the fields your username & pw for Sirius. ENTER. That should do it.

It used to be simple add music, but now you must verify on the SONOS app that you are bonafide account for streaming with Sirius. 

ONE MORE THING, you must delete the Sirius channels you previously added to My Sonos, then re-add the same and after the above ADD SERVICES & VOICE. That validates your channels under new control noted above (where you logged into Sirius on the Sonos app).