SiriusXM Holiday Channels 2020 - Not all are working

• 6 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Anyone having problems listening to SiriusXM Holiday Channels?  I am able to listen to some of them just fine.  Others, like the newly added channels this year are not working.  I get the message “Unable to play the selected item”.  The problem seems to be with the streaming channels in the 700s.  776, 778, 781, and 784 seem to play fine on my Sonos system.  Streaming channels 780, 783, and 785 do not play at all.   I went to the SiriusXM “Listen Now” site and can play all of these channels.  

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.  I am looking for a solution, not opinions.

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @randyfle, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern. Let me help you with this, 

First I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

• Do you see the other channels on the SiriusXM app? How about on the SiriusXM website?
  • Do you experience the same on other music services?
  • Have you tried rebooting your router and all your Sonos speakers?

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps if this will work for you.

1. Log out and re-login from your SiriusXM account on the SiriusXM app and website to see if you will get to play all the streaming channels.
2. Remove and re-add SiriusXM on the Sonos app.
You may check all your settings to make sure the cloud is syncing in the SiriusXM account (SiriusXM pushes what is displayed on Sonos) it depends on the music service how it's being shared to us. 

If you're still having the same issue, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.  I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on SiriusXM to provide the best option for you.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Same here… anyone solve this issue? I will try to delete and reconnect / login back into the account at some point and post the result -Take care

Note that SiriusXM is in control over what stations are available on Sonos. Make sure to contact SiriusXM with your concerns.

Unfortunately, Sonos has no control over what channel appear, all they do is point the controller at the SiriusXM servers. 

@Rowena B. I am also having this exact issue. Whenever I try to play holiday channels on Sonos & SiriusXM on channels 780, 783, 785, 789 it DO NOT WORK - the Sonos app only responds with “unable to play selected items”

• 778 works
  • 779 works
  • 780 DOES NOT WORK
  • 781 works
  • 782 works
  • 783 DOES NOT WORK
  • 784 works
  • 785 DOES NOT WORK
  • 786 works
  • 787 works
  • 789 DOES NOT WORK

• Do you see the other channels on the SiriusXM app? How about on the SiriusXM website?
    • Yes, all the channels are there. I also see them all on the SiriusXM website
  • Do you experience the same on other music services?
    • No, this is limited to a subset of channels inside Sonos SiriusXM, the Holiday stations, In addition, these channels works on the Sirius XM web player and app. Also logged out/in to SXM account on app and Sonos.
  • Have you tried rebooting your router and all your Sonos speakers
    • Yes, all rebooted

I have also removed the Sonos SiriusXM app/integration and re-added. The same behavior appears