Answered

SiriusXM dreaded “Unable to play the selected item.” error

• 13 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Here we go again.  The dreaded Unable to play selected item error has popped up on 2/13/21,  Sonos app seem able to browse the SiriusXM catalog, and show playing title names, but no matter the station you select it does not connect and presents the error.  SiriusXM plays fine through its native app.  I’ve done the obligatory delete and re-add the service to Sonos, but that doesn’t change the issue.  Status.sonos.com shows that SiriusXM is ok, but it certainly is not.  Other streaming services including Sonos’ own services continue to stream fine.

I hope somebody at Sonos is watching and will look into this.  This whole structure where streaming services have to pipe their content through, and maintain, a connection with Sonos is aggravating.

Diagnostic 1463009795

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 14 February 2021, 00:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I too am suffering from “Unable to play - the connection to SiriusXMwas lost”; why?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I too am suffering from “Unable to play - the connection to SiriusXMwas lost”; why?

I doubt anyone at Sonos is watching over the weekend.  However, doing a diagnostic and putting that diagnostic number in the thread can be helpful for them when they eventually pick up the thread and look at it.  I probably should give you a thumbs up, like, because you are having the same issue.  I’m glad to know I’m not the only one.

Same issue here.  I’ve opened up a case 02614929.  
very frustrating.  

Userlevel 3

I have the same issue.  I will create a ticket.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue here.  I’ve opened up a case 02614929.  
very frustrating.  

Curious, where did you go to open a case?  I never seem to fine a place on the site to get that done.

I went through the support chat.   Ran through the troubleshooting & when it didn’t resolve the issue it enabled me to open case.  

Thanks jeromep.

I too have searched for the opportunity to open a ticket - to no avail. Even a quick google search yielded no help in creating a ticket [at least for me].

Diagnostic 1927112941

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We have identified a problem with SiriusXM on Sonos and are working with them on a fix. You may be unable to start playing music on your Sonos until it’s resolved.  You may check the status of the issue has been fixed. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi folks, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We have identified a problem with SiriusXM on Sonos and are working with them on a fix. You may be unable to start playing music on your Sonos until it’s resolved.  You may check the status of the issue has been fixed. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Ok, so while the connection to SiriusXM is not fixed, I’m very glad that it has been acknowledged.  Thanks for responding.

Badge

I had this issue earlier today (2/13/2021), I checked that status page referenced above and it showed ALL Systems Operational. 

I refreshed my connection to SiriusXm (changed my password and forced a new login).  The problem persisted. 

Several hours later, but with no subsequent changes on my end (1:00 am 2/14) it’s working again.

Please post here the root cause and resolution you guys get from your tickets. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lynnn, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Sorry to inform you that we don’t have information to share with you. If there’s a problem with a music service that is not working with Sonos, our engineers coordinate with them for the fix. The only thing Sonos does is to point to a server that has been provided by SiriusXM and show the information on that server. There are other factors that might be causing the issue like wireless interference could cause intermittent connectivity, disconnection, slow network connection, slow data transfer, and poor signal strength. In case you encounter the same, I recommend contacting our support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Has this issue been resolved for anyone? I still cannot use Siriusxm on Sonos- no issues with Sirius app though.