since the launch of the new app my usually stable connection is sooo unstable its frustrating. Anyone else?

• 6 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I’ve followed all the steps, numerous times, sent emails (nothing), submitted diagnostics loads of times (nothing), tried ringing (nothing). The old app was fine but the new one is just haphazard in finding my system. I’ve changed and upgraded routers to improve connection, reset and factory reset all the devices, works fine one minute and not the next. Everything else in the house works fine. It’s just sonos device connection since the launch of the new app that’s unreliable and frankly driving me away.

any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The key to resetting your local network is to have all Sonos devices unplugged while the router is rebooted ( or replaced, for that matter), so that they get forced to request new IP addresses. It doesn’t seem clear from your post that this occurred. 

You might also want to read the wifi interference FAQ. I recently had an issue with a new neighbor ‘stomping’ on the network channel I was using. 

Did the former, not sure about the latter but will look into it. Interestingly the connection issues coincided with the new app rather than any new neighbours but worth checking I guess. Thanks. 

I have the same issue. Since the new app it’s hit or miss Every time I open the app And more often than not the system will not connect. 
I didn’t have these problems before, and I’ve changed nothing in my network set up.

Exactly that. No response, support or update from Sonos