Answered

Since Sonos has two App S1 and S2 I'm not able to use the speaker anymore

• 23 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m a little helpless. Since all this new App S1 and S2. I can not use my speaker anymore and updating of the software isn’t also possible anymore.
I do have a Play 5 Gen1 , Play 3 , Play 1 (alexa), Play one

How can I get help?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 23 October 2020, 09:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi 

You have two options:

1/ Use the S1 App for all your speakers, this will enable you to sync all of your devices and play the same audio.  The downside is that you will not get any new functionality on your newer devices. 

2/ Split your system and have both S1 and S2 Apps installed.  You won’t be able to group your S1 and S2 devices together but your newer devices will continue to get updates and new functionality. Please here on how to set this up and this post to confirm which devices are compatible with S2.

Hi 

You have two options:

1/ Use the S1 App for all your speakers, this will enable you to sync all of your devices and play the same audio.  The downside is that you will not get any new functionality on your newer devices. 

2/ Split your system and have both S1 and S2 Apps installed.  You won’t be able to group your S1 and S2 devices together but your newer devices will continue to get updates and new functionality. Please here on how to set this up and this post to confirm which devices are compatible with S2.

Thank you, 

Haha right now I need a lot of Redwine...