Set up playbar at new home - now get high pitched noise

• 20 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Had a playbar with a surround setting with gen 2 sub and play 3s now at new home with play ones. As soon as i plugged in the playbar, high pitch noise appeared.

Read other posts, is it possible to correct this problem?

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated . Unplugged the whole system, could not deal with the noise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Just to add, I've sent a diagnostic report not sure if the playbar issue will show or if it will help.

Have you perhaps tried removing/reseating the optical cable (at both ends) and ensured the ports and cable look okay, no kinks in the cable etc.

Yes tried that, the cable looks fine no kinks.

If you’re hoping a forum moderator will look at that diagnostic, it may help if you were to post the number in this thread. 

Yes tried that, the cable looks fine no kinks.

Does the high pitched noise stop if the optical cable is unplugged?

If the whine is present whenever the Playbar is powered then the switched mode power supply has most probably developed a mechanical fault. It’s likely that the disturbances during the house move caused this. The best course is to contact Sonos Support by phone.

Diagnostic number 1566334039

Had a playbar with a surround setting with gen 2 sub and play 3s now at new home with play ones. As soon as i plugged in the playbar, high pitch noise appeared.

Read other posts, is it possible to correct this problem?

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated . 

Is there no support at the weekend to help with product issues.

Diagnostic number 1566334039

You can also get in touch with Sonos Customer Care via the link below, if required:

https://support.sonos.com/s/