Question

Server not found after changing wifi password and mac can't find existing sonos system

• 11 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve changed my wifi password using iphone app for S1. Tried to play music and a pop-up notice advised it can’t find server. On my mac, I’ve opened S1 app and no music library just pop-up box headed sonos set-up; existing or new. I selected connect to existing but it states system not found. I’m unable to connect an ethernet cable as have 3 amps with entwined wiring in the wall and my router and bridge are not close enough. I’ve updated my sonos when I’ve changed my wifi password before. Don’t understand why this is so different. Before I throw my sonos in the bin, are there other options?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mrs-P

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information to help you out.

If there's a change in the network like a new router, new WiFi name, and password or you changed your internet provider, your Sonos system doesn't recognize it that's why you won't be able to connect. You mentioned that you have a Bridge, this usually wired to your router. In a wired setup, the wired product will broadcast a dedicated wireless network that your Sonos products will use. However, your Bridge is not broadcasting the wireless network.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you. 

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and Sonos devices connection
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

When your Sonos system is back online. go back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected then you can switch to a wireless setup:

• You can switch from a wired to a wireless configuration by connecting your Sonos products to your WiFi network.
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Wireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your WiFi password.
    • Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.

Let us know how it goes and if you're still unable to connect, try to submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into it and find out the cause. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.