Question

September 2020 S1

• 2 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Dear Sonos

Since the latest upgrade the search facility has ceased to work on the S1 controller. However thr browse function continues to work. So if I want to look at all the music I have where Beethoven is the composer Iwas used to choosing 'search' entering 'Beethoven ' then choosing Beethoven in the composer option. Now the app just closes when I try to use that method.  However, if I choose 'Browser then 'Composers' I can scroll down to Ludwig can Beethoven and get the information that way. The latter method is much more laborious. I have tried deleting abd reinstalling the app, clearing my phone cache, reindexing my music but nothing helps.

Do you have any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PaulSE16, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos community. I understand that the app crashes when you search for music. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Do you experience the issue on a specific music service or on other music services?
2. Is removing and re-adding the music services helped?
3. Have you tried using another mobile controller? Did you encounter the same?
4. Are you using an iOS or Android device? What's the software version?

Please try to submit a diagnostic to check further on your concern and find out what’s going on.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Dear Rowena

Thank you for your response. 

The controller accesses music from a local music server and not a service. My partner also has a controller on his phone which exhibits the same issues. We both have Android phones running Android 10. The problem started on both controllers week commencing 21st September.

You do I submit a diagnostic?

Many thanks

Dear Rowena 

I have submitted a diagnostic. The confirmation number is 225128679.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PaulSE16, thank you for your response and for providing us the diagnostic report. Let me check it for you.

We request a diagnostic report to see check what might be causing the problem. The diagnostic report gives the snapshot your system for us to know the issue and understand what's going on to help you provide a resolution.

Upon checking the report, I can see that your 2 Play 1's are not online. Were they plugged in when you submit the diagnostic? You may need to reboot your Sonos speakers to address this. What I found in the diagnostic is not the reason why the Sonos app crashed on your mobile device.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

• Reset the Sonos app
    • Settings > App Preferences > Reset App.
    • Follow the steps provided on the app
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system
    • Check if you will encounter the same
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Sonos app
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system
    • Check if you will encounter the same

If after performing the steps above and you're still experiencing the same, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely connecting to your device to further assist you on this and to provide the best option for you.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Dear Rowena. I have followed all your instructions but the fault still persists. The Sonos 1 speakers were switched off but are online and working now and I can pkay music through them or not as usual. I shall now contact Sonos care as you suggested.

With thanks 

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PaulSE16, thank you for the update. 

I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks Rowena. I hace emailed Sonos Carecas you suggested. It is Saturday evening here in London and I gave friends coming. As I can still us the ' browse' function to access my music library I will make do at the moment and call on Monday.

With thanks 

Paul