Question

S2 unable to play music on SD card

• 11 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos community. As with many here, I've had functionality issues after upgrading to the S2 app.

I use a Samsung s20 android phone. I used to be able to play music stored in the /Music folder on my SD card using the S1 app. However, since the upgrade to s2 app, I can still see the music on my SD card, however when I try to play any music from my SD card, I get an error message saying "(song name)... is no longer available on (phone name)".

Anyone have any helpful tips to solve this issue? Am really frustrated here, as I've never had this issue up until now.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arthur

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ArtYeeYVR, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos Community. 

I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

I’ll be asking questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Can you please check if Sonos has been granted storage permissions within the android device?
  2. Have you tried playing music locally stored on your Android device, not from the SD card?
  3. Have you tried clearing the queue on your music list? Did it work?
  4. How about on other Android devices, did you experience the same?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We'll wait for your reply.