Answered

Room randomly stops playing, but playbar keeps playing

• 1 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have multiple rooms with speakers wired to Sonos Amps. I also have a playbar. When listening to Amazon music, Spotify, apple music, and Sirius XM the music continues playing on the playbar without fail, but comes and goes regularly in the rooms that are wired to the Amps. The amps are Ethernet wired to my router, and the playbar is wired to the amp as well. Can someone help suggest a fix for why the amp would stop playing to wired speakers, but continue playing to the sound bar?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 April 2024, 02:14

View original

3 replies

Because they’re both wired, it is unlikely to be wifi interference . I’d lean towards another network issue that has nothing to do with WiFi, a duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging your Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router has recovered, ploughing back in your Sonos devices, and see if you can recreate the issue. If it doesn’t occur, I would look at the router’s manual and figure out how to set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos. Any router that has gotten in to this ‘bad’ state can potentially do it again, and cause this issue. Reserving IP addresses can forestall this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since all Amps are wired, maybe look for STP/RSTP settings?

As it comes and goes, according to the OP, it seems less likely, at least in my mind, to be the STP/RSTP concern…although that’s an area I’m not quite as familiar with, since I’ve only dealt with ‘dumb’ switches myself. But worth checking, too, just in case ;)