Answered

registering sonos in-ceiling speakers

• 26 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I am installing a few pairs of in ceiling Sonos speakers. Everything is working great but the speakers are not added to my product list. Is there a registration page to enter serial numbers? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 October 2023, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No there’s no way to manually add devices to your Sonos profile/system page, if that’s what you mean, but are these Sonance products, rather than Sonos?

Sonance makes the in ceiling speakers for Sonos. Sold under Sonos name. 

Userlevel 7

Sonance makes the in ceiling speakers for Sonos. Sold under Sonos name. 

I’d say that @Ken_Griffiths knows the partnership between Sonos and Sonance 😊. To precisely answer his question did you purchase the speakers on the Sonos website or via an authorized Sonos dealer. 

If they’re ’in ceiling’ anything, you’d be registering the Sonos Amp, but not the speakers. There might be a registration process with Sonance, but not with Sonos. 

If you are expecting the actual speakers to appear as registered to your system, you will be disappointed.  Only devices you can add to the system via the app show up as registered.  It's not possible to register passive devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could always manually list them in your forum profile.

Ok. Thanks. Just a bit odd that they don’t have a way to register $650 speakers. Has to be some way to have a warranty. 

I don’t think all Sonance speakers digitally identify themselves across a network, which is how Sonos does the registration for their equipment. As I said, you might want to check with Sonance, though.