Answered

red light on Move

• 28 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I have a flashing red battery light on my Move even though it stil has about 65% of the battery remaining - any ideas what the problem is?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 28 September 2020, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mabittin.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation and would like to help you out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’ve also had this happen, twice now. Both times the flashing red light indicates it’s low on battery but each time it’s around 80%

Turning it off/on or placing on the charging dock does “fix” it but I would definitely say it’s a glitch as Paul A suggests.

A glitch that probably need looking into if there are more reports of it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sp1ke.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and this issue is not to be taken for granted. We have already reported this to our engineering team for further investigation and for a possible fix. I would suggest keeping your Sonos devices up to date and subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature releases, updates, bug fixes, and any feature updates.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

I’ve also had this happen, twice now. Both times the flashing red light indicates it’s low on battery but each time it’s around 80%

Turning it off/on or placing on the charging dock does “fix” it but I would definitely say it’s a glitch as Paul A suggests.

A glitch that probably need looking into if there are more reports of it.

Exact issue here this evening.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @derrickm.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation so let me help you out.

I would like to recommend going through the steps I have recommended above and let’s see how it goes.

Hi @mabittin.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation and would like to help you out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hi @Paul A  and Sonos Staff, 

Here to report that I observed the very same thing. Just unboxed my SONOS Move this evening. 

Followed the steps and that seemed to do the trick, but it’s a bug nonetheless and something I think the engineering team should know about. 

best,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jingsz.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Thanks for trying my recommendations and for the update and feedback. Yes, this has already been reported to our engineering team and they have are still working on it. We have not received any feedback or updates from our engineering team if this has already been fixed or not. I would suggest keeping your Sonso Products up-to-date as that is one way of getting rid of any glitch and bugs as our engineering team is constantly working and investigating any know issues, bugs, and their corresponding fixes.

If you still have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,