"Recently played" not available

• 7 December 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge

“Recently Played” in the iOS app constantly stops working for me (get error message that “Recently Played information isn’t available right now. Please check back later.”).  I’m only able to fix this if I delete the Sonos app and reinstall (nothing else I’ve tried seems to work).  But I’m having to delete/reinstall the app about once a day.  Anyone have similar issues or have a better long-term fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Sureloc75, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your recently played music. I want to ask some things to check on this further. 

• When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made to the settings on the Sonos App before this issue occurred?
  • Have you tried it on another device controller where you have the Sonos App if the same issue occurs?
  • On the lists of your recently played songs, is there a specific music service that is affected or random recently played music?

Answers to these questions will help us check what could be causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

-This issue has happened sporadically in the past, but started happening with increased frequency during the past 6 weeks or so.  

-I did not make any changes to the setting on the Sonos App. 

-The issue has always been on my iPhone, which I generally use to control my system.  I also use the Mac desktop app (although less frequently), and haven’t noticed the issue there. 

-The issue doesn’t seem to be limited to any particular music service.  Either my entire “Recently Played” list is unavailable, or it’s all there. 

-It seems to me like the issue may have something to do with the iOS app losing its path to wherever it’s getting the “Recently Played” info from my Sonos system.  If I delete and reinstall the app, all of my “Recently Played” information reappears (so the system is registering my “Recently Played” items even when it’s unavailable to the iOS app).  But after some period of time (sometimes a few days, but often a few hours) the “Recently Played” information will be come unavailable, and I have to delete and reinstall the Sonos app again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Sureloc75, thanks for the update and the information that you gave. This is an odd issue with your recently played songs, we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request remote access with your device controller and perform additional steps to provide a resolution to this concern. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

This exact issue is happening with me too on iOS app. Nothing loads in recently played. Just get a spinning wheel forever (literally). This has been for the last few weeks. iOS App is updated. I am running newestiOS version on iPhone XR. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Had this happen to me too. The “My Sonos” dashboard was showing recently played albums on one of my iOS devices but not the other (both latest version, S1 controller). I fixed the issue by logging out and back in again.

Interestingly, the “recently played” list includes not just all the albums I played today, but the one I have queued up next that I haven’t actually started listening to. Not sure if this is another bug or just a “feature”…

Update: after signing out/in to fix it on one device, things stopped working on the other device and I needed to do the same sign out/in dance...

Add me to the list of people experiencing this issue. It has been going on for a few weeks. My iOS is up ot dat eas is Sonos. Signing out of Sonos and signing back in helps temporarily but the issue returns after awhile. Very annoying. I would love to hear from Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same problem on iPad iOS. I’m always surprised when Recently Played is populated, it’s usually not. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m with Robin Lacey and Tim8aBug on this. My Sonos stopped showing Recently Played items on my iPad. All I get is is a spinning wheel. Just checked on my Android phone and Recently Played is showing there. However, on neither device is it giving a full list of my Imported Playlists. In both cases, it shows the first 8 playlists and nothing else.

Imported Playlists are shown correctly on my Mac controller under Sonos Favorites.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi to all, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for the update and sorry to hear that you all have the same issue with recently played songs on ios devices. So that we can create a troubleshooting ticket for this. I'll ask all of you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request screen share and remote access to check what’s going on and If there is a known issue, they’ll have it escalated to our higher tier of support. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I am now getting the same issue across my iOS apps.  I’ve reset them but it’s still happening.  Just started in the last day.  

I am now getting the same issue across my iOS apps.  I’ve reset them but it’s still happening.  Just started in the last day.  

Perhaps try this…

Goto "Settings/Data & Privacy” and tap to disable “use personalisation settings” - close and reopen the App and then tap to enable “use personalisation settings” - note it takes a few seconds to restart so wait till it shows as ‘enabled’. Then play a few playlists and albums and see if ‘recently played’ starts populating again.