Answered

Random Groupings

• 6 June 2022
  • 1 reply

When I play a podcast on my app and stream it to my Sonos system each time it starts on 3 of my speakers like a group, but not the other 7. The three are not in an actual group. How do I get it to just instanly play on a set group without manually going and changing it everytime?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 June 2022, 02:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Are you using S2, if so goto "Settings/System/Groups”. Any groups you create in that section of the App will then appear off the System ‘Rooms’ tab and appear at the top of the grouping page. See the ‘save groups’ feature mentioned in this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391

To improve group playback there are some useful tips below:

Check to see that your router is using a ‘fixed non-overlapping WiFi channel (1, 6, or 11) for its 2.4Ghz band and also, if the router allows, set a channel-width of 20Mhz only for that band, to help reduce possible interference.

If you already have a wired Sonos device (connected to the local router), also set the SonosNet channel so that it is 5+ channels away from your chosen router channel. Always try to ensure the wired device is positioned well away from the router, or any ‘other’ wireless device …at least one metre away.