Random disconnection on brand new Play One. Other Sonos speakers having no problems

• 30 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have been using Sonos for a while and have no problems with the beam, sub and 2x Play:1, working as a set connected to my TV.  All running via wireless. 

I recently purchased the Sonos Move and a new Sonos One (Gen2). The Sonos move is having no problems and is rock solid so far.  This is also connected via wireless.

But the new Sonos One randomly disconnects and the status light will blink white for a few minutes before reconnecting. I initially thought I received a defective one and I returned it to Amazon and got a new replacement. But the new replacement is doing the same. With the music playing, it will all of a sudden stop. When music stops, I launch the Sonos app and do not even see the device on my device list. Or sometimes while at night with nothing playing, I will notice the white status light start blinking suddenly.

The Play One is placed within line of sight of the wireless access point (7-8 feet away). I am using Linksys Velop MX10 mesh network. 

I do not believe there is a problem with my network, since all my other devices are connecting perfectly.

Please help!!

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I just submitted a diagnosis report for your review.  If someone can help me out.

Support Diagnostic number: 701216363.

Thank you!