Answered

Random bing bong sound

• 3 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

This morning my Sonos One speaker has started randomly making a “bing bong” sound for no reason.  I made a diagnostic right after the last one as I read in a support thread that it might help: 862562709

I don’t recognise the sound at all, but I have only had my Sonos for a week now!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 January 2021, 13:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you use Alexa or Google Assistant? If not, disable the voice control or turn off the mic and see if that fixes it.

I use Alexa, I muted the mic this morning and just heard two more bing bongs a few minutes ago.

I just read somewhere that Alexa makes noises when there are delivery updates, I have a feeling it’s that noise, just need to find a way to confirm!

Userlevel 7

Say “Alexa, what are my notifications?”

I only had one notification, but had at least 8 bing bongs this morning.  Does it keep happening until you acknowledge it?

Userlevel 7

I believe so. Have you had any “bing bongs” since?

You can adjust your notifications in the Alexa app under More > Settings > Notifications.

Wijays,
See if this perhaps fixes it.. 

In the Sonos App goto "Settings/Services & Voice/Amazon Alexa” select your Sonos “Room Name” and switch off "Wake Word Chime” and see if that switches off the ‘bing/bong’ you are regularly hearing.

@GuitarSuperstar - I cleared the notifications and no noises since.  I also disabled the notifications for shipping alerts and things are all good (for now)!

@Ken_Griffiths - It was a sound I hadn’t heard before triggering at random times.  Turns out it was shipping notifications!