Answered

Proper way to add BOOST to already existing Sonos Setup

• 13 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Good Morning, I just purchased a BOOST for my home. Easy question. What is the proper way to add the BOOST to an already home Sonos Setup ? Play 5, 3 Play 1's - 2 as a stero pair, Play One, Playbase. I will be plugging the BOOST directly into my router.
icon

Best answer by John B 13 February 2018, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you don't already have a wired Sonos device, it should suffice to just wire the Boost to the router, add it to your system (Settings, Add Boost or Bridge). Then give it a couple of minutes to settle down. You may need to power the other units off and on to get them to connect via the Boost.

Having said that ... it always feels slightly safer to me to do the following, though probably OTT.

1. Wire one of existing units to the router temporarily.
2. Check after a minute or two that everything is connected by SonosNet - in About My Sonos System the speakers should all have WM:0 next to them not WM:1.
3. Add the BOOST UNWIRED (you have an option for this when you add it)
4. When the Boost has been added to system, just swap it with the temporarily wired device.
5. Give it a minute or two to settle down.

Please let us know how it goes.

(If you already have a wired device, just follow steps 3-5 above.)
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Thank you very much for the reply Mr. John B. Greatly appreciated !
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
John, Perfect Setup !! My Deezer Hi-Fi account is now playing without any drops. Thanks again.
Excellent. Thanks for posting back.