Answered

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo and Cambridge Audio Solo PreAmp - no sound

• 30 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I recently purchased the Pro-ject Debut Carbon and a Cambridge Audio Solo to connect to my Sonos Port. The Cambridge Audio Solo is a PreAmp for MM cartridges. The TT came with a Sumiko Rainer. 

I connected everything to the right ports. The Sonos App on the line in shows music but nothing is coming out. I’ve adjusted the volume in the settings. I even called Crutchfield support and they sent me a new PreAmp because the tech thought that might be the issue.  Now I’m on my second PreAmp with the same result. This brings me to the all Sonos gurus here. I would so appreciate some help. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 January 2023, 13:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What room are you choosing to play to?  Unless you have speakers attached to the Port, you don't want to choose to play on the Port.  Choose a room with speakers, the choose the Line-In source.

Thank you for prompt reply. I think I’m doing it right. I do have Gen1 speakers and the S1 app. Don’t know if it matters but adding the info. See my screenshot. I selected it to play everywhere 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @TxGenXr, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It shouldn’t matter if you’re on the S1 app, as long as the Port is also on the S1 app to connect the turntable to the rest of your system.

If you’ve got everything wired correctly with the pre-amp, then I’m not sure why you’re not getting any audio. Would you be able to submit a diagnostics while playing the turntable audio and reply here with the confirmation number? I can take a look to see if we’re receiving audio and that can help us narrow down where the issue lies.

I hope this helps!

Jaime thanks for replying to the post. So I did a manual update of my app and it asked if I wanted to remove my Sonos connect which I haven’t used in forever. Then it proceeded to update the App to S2. Once that happened, I reset/unplugged the turntable and preamp them BOOM. It worked. Why? Who knows, I’m just so happy to hear my old vinyl on my sweet speakers. Thank you!