Previously connected pair of One surround speakers to Playbar no longer working

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Playbar under my Sony Bravia TV, and previously set up pair of One speakers as surround L & R. They have been running well for over a year. I am running S2 app on an iPhone 11 with iOS 14.2. The surrounds have suddenly stopped producing sound whether from the TV or from streaming music set up within the app, even though they appear in the app under system settings and I can also see them connected to my router on the 2,4GHz WiFi...so they are on my WiFi network. I have tried the following: reboot of router, reboot of Playbar and the One surrounds, and to remove and re-add the surrounds in the app. During the re-adding process I can hear both surround speakers so I know they work as speakers, but it seems there is some communication issue. Anything obvious I am missing??My support diagnostic confirmation is 196722245.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DavidMCollier.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, it shows that the WiFi interface of the Playbar is ‘disabled’ and this results in compromising the ability to talk or communicate with other speakers.

Kindly try to ‘enable’ the WiFi on the component by following the steps below and you can also refer to this article about  How to disable or enable WiFi on your Sonos players for more details.

• In the Sonos app, tap the Settings tab and select System.

• Tap the name of the room, then tap the model of the speaker under Products.

• From here, you can choose Disable WiFi or Enable WiFi.

• The app will show which is currently selected with a checkmark.

• Test it and see if that resolves it. 

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic so we can check further and see if there’s anything else that might cause this issue.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.