Question

Preamp & turntable with Sonos CONNECT

• 10 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I bought 2 Sonos AMPS to drive 2 sets of built-in speakers and create a network when we moved to this house. I also bought a PORT to add our CD player to the network. All that works.

I then bought a Music Hall Mini preamp ($99) to insert between our Rega RP3 turntable and a used Sonos CONNECT (Gen2) I just bought. Even though the CONNECT is on our network, no sound emanates from the turntable.

To test, I swapped out the CD player and plugged the preamp-turntable into the PORT, and still nothing. I may have a preamp/turntable problem, but I am curious if there is something else I may have over-looked in getting the turntable onto my Sonos network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jay-Dubs

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you. 

Line-In is an audio input available on some Sonos products that allows you to connect a device with an audio output (such as a CD player or turntable) to play out of your Sonos system. Once you’ve connected a device to the Line-In port on your Sonos product, you can start playing Line-In audio using the Sonos controller. Autoplay is disabled by default, you may need to adjust the line-in settings in the Sonos app to enable it. You can also adjust the line-in audio compressions on the Sonos app to reduce the load placed on your Sonos products when streaming Line-In audio.

Connecting another music source to isolate the issue is one of the troubleshooting steps we usually performed. However, there’s still no audio on your Sonos Port or Connect. Have you tried using different cables? Let me share this community topic for your reference.

Hope this helps. I’d also recommend contacting the manufacturer of your third-party devices for further assistance. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.