Port Problems

• 7 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I suspect that my Port is causing problems. I am able to “cast” music to it from my iPhone (e.g. from the Amazon Music app) but it is not playing when I attempt to start music directly from the Sonos App. It appears as though it is working on the app - for example, when I play music through all my speakers and they are all playing on the app (little verticle lines going up and down next to each room/speaker) but no sound comes from the Port. 

I frequently get the “Unable to connect to a device. Try again later.” error message when navigating the app. 

I’ve tried checking for system updates (it says it’s up to date), updating the app (current version 12.2.2), unplugging/re-plugging the Port from the system… 

Thanks for the help, I hope!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What is the Port connected to please?  What sources are you playing using the Sonos app?  Is the Port grouped with other rooms?

The Port is connected to a Kenwood Amplifier (KA 996)

Sources are: -Sonos Radio - Amazon Music -Pandora (occasionally)

Port is only grouped to one room: Livingroom