Answered

Port dysfunction

• 24 December 2023
  • 5 replies

This topic is a year old and it was dismissed as being solved.  It’s not.   I’m reactivating my Port after two years of retirement for all Sono equipment I own.  That’s another story.   I factory reset it and it updated its OS.  Left channel does not work.   It’s not cables or stereo equipment.  A simple swap of L/R validates the source as the Port.   Wassup?   

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 December 2023, 15:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This topic is a year old and it was dismissed as being solved.  It’s not. 

Which topic was that? You only just joined the community.

Left channel does not work.   It’s not cables or stereo equipment.  A simple swap of L/R validates the source as the Port.   Wassup?   

It sounds like a failure of one channel of the analog output stage is what’s up. It sometimes happens. I suggest you connect a budget DAC to the digital output.

Thank you.  That sounds like exactly what it is (unfortunately).   A review of past posts seemed to indicate the problem was more widespread than a one-off device malfunction.  Several folks pegged it to a (then) recent update.  Before adding this device to my Sonos graveyard (> 50% attrition) I was hoping to find a software/firmware solution.   Thank you for responding.  

No need to consign the device to any graveyard if you simply add a cheap DAC.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You waited until the warranty had expired to try it again? Weird.

It was expired.