Port APP

• 21 October 2023
  • 3 replies

We attempted to set up a SONOS port in  a business application and with a veteran IT engineer, was not able to use any of 3 wi fi networks or an un-restricted Ethernet connection. Took the device home and spent roughly 2-3 hours on and off to set up the device, have it work for 20 seconds of a song, then pause the song and the connection crashes. Easy to see why the SONOS APP’s get between a 2.7 and 3.1 ration out of 5.0 scale

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Notwithstanding hardware, or potential network configuration issues and that the Sonos system requirements are being met, but just to ‘politely’ say, I’m certainly no IT engineer, but the Sonos Port setup fine for me first time when adding it to the local Sonos system in my Home and has worked perfect ever since, that’s both for line-in, line-out audio and all its streaming capabilities. Maybe you’ve each been ‘overthinking’ things and perhaps not seeing the wood for the trees.

All is working perfect here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you for your comments. This community is where Sonos users help eachother. Do you need help?

When there are underlying network issues the most recently installed or used application is usually blamed.

All SONOS players and controllers should be on the same subnet. If you are using a mesh WiFi network, some of them will assign clients to different subnets or suddenly move them to a different channel. The later SONOS units can better deal with channel changes, but it will take some time for them to reconfigure. Meanwhile some audio might be missing. 40MHz channels are not a good idea on the 2.4GHz segment. It would pay to check for packet loss on the LAN. Is IGMP snooping enabled? Reserve IP addresses for SONOS units.