Answered

Playbase won't power on

• 10 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi All, 

I was happily watching my TV last night when all of sudden my Playbase turned itself off. I’ve tried to reconnect the power cable securely and have tested multiple power sockets but to no avail, the unit will just not turn back on again. 

Has anyone else come across this and/or know how to fix it? I’m guessing the power unit inside the unit may have failed so might have to send it off to be repaired. 

Any help greatly appreciated as I’m currently set up for 5.1 surround sound in my living room and without the Playbase the rest are pretty useless!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2021, 13:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It’s perhaps best if you contact Sonos Support direct via this LINK to discuss the issue.

Thanks - in discussion with Sonos Support now. They were closed yesterday so thought I’d see if anyone else had come across the issue. 

I cannot recall seeing any other reported issues here with a power supply issue (if that turns out to be the case), but that’s just personally speaking of course and since the Playbase was first released in April 2017. 

The HT product is not particular all that old, so I’m guessing Sonos may perhaps be able to sort something with you.

Maybe let us know how you get on.