Answered

Playbase WiFi seems to have stopped working?

• 14 November 2020
  • 22 replies

WiFi seems to have stopped working on my playbase. I plugged in LAN cable and working now. I just submitted diagnosis report. Can you tell from that what is going on?

icon

Best answer by Simon B 14 November 2020, 19:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sschwall, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Playbase, So we can check if there is an issue with the Wifi card of it. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Diagnostics report # 2051913119

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sschwall, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. I was able to check that there is an issue on the Wifi chip on your Sonos Playbase. For possible replacement option, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and options for this issue. 

I am having a similar issue. Playbase no longer connecting on WiFi, will connect on Ethernet. I am able to get surrounds and amp recognised but cannot get the playbase to successfully add these as surrounds and amp. I can however stream over work to the surrounds as a stereo pair. 

You need to run diagnostics and send reference number to sonos technician on chat. They will be able to see what’s happening. I believe your playbase WiFi chip has failed. Common defect. This was my second, first was on a series 5. Both covered by sonos even though they were out of warranty. I have to give credit to Sonos they are very good about that. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Amaclachlan  and @sschwall, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. That is correct, so that we'll be able to check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

The diagnostic confirmation is 567865971

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Amaclachlan, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking the results of the report. It clearly shows that there is an issue with the Wifi chip of your Sonos Playbase. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They should give options for a replacement of your Sonos Playbase for this concern. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.  
We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello, 

I have a similar issue, all of a sudden my playbase lost wifi connection. Works with LAN cable. My play5’s work fine on the system. 
Unfortunately unable to keep it wired since my modem is in a different part of the room. Diagnostic report has been sent.

hope you guys can help out!

Cheers,

rogier 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rogiervdlinde, thanks for reaching out and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, same with @Amaclachlan, It clearly shows that there is an issue with the Wifi chip of your Sonos Playbase. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They should give options for a replacement of your Sonos Playbase for this concern. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.  
We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon, 

thanks for replying. I’ve been in contact and they will replace it. They’re even making the effort to do this in Hong Kong even though the system was bought in the Netherlands. 
Greatest customer service ever! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rogiervdlinde, thanks for updating us. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Hi 

i have had this same issue since approx a month ago. Would relate it to some of the SW upgrades in December, however that seems not to be the case. Al my other Sonos units plays well. I have wired the playbase and that worked to some extend, but it will not pair with other speakers (Play 1). I unwired it again, and it cannot be found in the app. Wonder if it’s the wifi chip issue. I filed a diagnostic report today 1100168845. Please help out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jihw, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue with your Sonos Playbase and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. It shows that Sonos Playbase is offline, most likely because it is unplugged from the ethernet cable. Kindly re-run another diagnostic report when the Sonos Playbase is directly hardwired to the ethernet cable to your router so that we can check if the Wi-Fi card is broken on your Playbase.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon.

i just issued a new diagnostic report as suggested.

Looking forward to gear from you.

rgds 

Might help Simon if you were to tell him the number on that diagnostic.…

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

hi there @Jihw, thanks for the update and the diagnostic report that you’ve sent. thanks also for assisting @Airgetlam. Upon checking on the diagnostic report, It shows that the Sonos Playbase that you have is broken, the Wi-Fi card is not working. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and options for replacement and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Just provide them the confirmation number of the diagnostic report so they can check on this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi

Same here - my playbase lost wifi connection. Works with LAN cable. My play:3’s are since not recognised by the system. 
Diagnostic report has been sent. Diagnostics reference number is 825775785

Looking forward to some assistance!

Regards,

Juhan 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Juhan, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for providing that diagnostic - it does look like the Playbase has developed an issue with its Wireless Card.

Mind getting in touch with our Support Team via live chat or phone call, and providing them with that diagnostic number? They should be able to get you sorted :)

Hi

Seem to be having same issue with my Playbase, sound works fine but will not show in Sonos app unless wired.

Diagnostics submitted ( I hope) ref is 1121411902.

Do i need to contact support team ?

Thanks

Badge +17

Hi

Seem to be having same issue with my Playbase, sound works fine but will not show in Sonos app unless wired.

Diagnostics submitted ( I hope) ref is 1121411902.

Do i need to contact support team ?

Thanks

Hi @GrahamPayne,

Yes, please get in touch with our customer care team as it looks like your Playbase is experiencing an issue with its wireless card.