Playbase stropped working

• 3 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Hey,

Had a playbase connected to some play Ones as part of a surround sound but the playbase lost connection. De-coupled them all and factory reset. The Ones came back no problem but the playbase refused to connect at all.

I’ve hard wired it to the router, I get a green flashing light when I plug the base in… the app then recognises that it’s there starts to go through set up but stops saying connection has been lost… any ideas?

went ahead and sent some diagnostics up front… the number is 1807319793.

tried using iPhone and iPad to run set up...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AudioDuck.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for submitting a diagnostic. This is not a normal behavior of a Sonos device and I would like to help out. 

The diagnostic submitted does not contain any information about the Sonos Playbase meaning the Sonos Playbase was offline the moment it was submitted.

I would recommend temporarily connecting your Sonos Playbase to the router via ethernet cable and then check if it appears on the Sonos app.

I would suggest connecting the ethernet cable first before connecting the Playbase to power. If it appears on the Sonos app allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on with the Playbase.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Ran through the set up around 20 times whilst connected via LAN cable to the router and eventually it completed the set up. Still won’t work on wireless and won’t connect to other speakers to make surround.

diagnostic number 1623405106

thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AudioDuck.

Thanks for your immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you the information indicated on the submitted diagnostic. Based on the provided diagnostic your Sonos Playbase indicates a wireless card failure. I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please provide the diagnostic number you have noted above to the technical support team. (1623405106)

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Thanks for the help, Paul.

I’ll give them a shout when the phone lines open on Monday!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AudioDuck.

Thanks for your immediate response.

You’re welcome. Please let us know how it goes with the call with our technical support team so other members of the community who might have the same situation as yours find this thread and are able to follow through.

Please let us know or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi, I believe that I might have the same issue as the individual from this thread. I recently moved and went to connect my playbase and it never will find the wireless network. When I do a factory reset on the playbase and then plug it into the ethernet cable, it works fine and goes through a full set up. 

When I unplug it from the ethernet cable however, it disappears from my Sonos app. I have done this a few times with the same result. 

On the app it tells me that I need to submit a diagnostic to your team, but only when I’m asked to do so. Could you please provide me some advice on how to proceed?

Dom

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Dommer.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for doing the extra effort on starting with the basic troubleshooting steps. This is not a normal behavior of a Sonos device and I would like to help out. 

I would recommend temporarily connecting your Sonos Playbase to the router via ethernet cable and then check if it appears on the Sonos app.

I would suggest connecting the ethernet cable first before connecting the Playbase to power. If it appears on the Sonos app allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on with the Playbase.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi,

I actually already got it sorted out through the chat service. The wireless card was broken.

thanks a lot for your reply!