playbase stopped working with TV after "upgrade" to S2

• 7 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I use a TV as my computer monitor via an HDMI cable and a playbase as an external speaker. When I updated my playbase to S2, I lost sound coming from my computer. I can still stream music to the playbase but I get no sound from the computer.  It's as if the optical audio cable was not connected between the TV and playbase. I've tried replacing the cable to no avail. I've also replaced the HDMI cable from the computer to the TV. The windows 10 sound troubleshooter replaced the audio drivers. Still no sound. Please help. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What TV is it and is it’s sound-out set to it’s optical port - is the codec compatible with whatever codec your TV can process or pass through its ports? - will the Sound work if you switch the TV to use it’s own internal built-in speaker, rather than output the audio to the PlayBase?

Thanks. It’s a Samsung TV (model  UN46C6300) that has worked with the playbase for years as part of a Sonos1 system. Yes, the sound is still set to external speakers. Yes, the built-in speakers work. That’s the problem - now I have no sound unless I’m streaming directly through the playbase.

What codec are you using for the PC sound-out and what’s the TV audio-out settings for its ‘HDMI input audio’ and ‘DTV audio output’ settings?