Skip to main content

Hello

Just recently this started happening:

I will be watching tv, with the sound coming from the playbar and start streaming music from my iPhone (via Spotify) to the playbar.  The spotify music keeps dropping out from the playbar.  I unplugged the optical connection from my tv and this seemed to help, but this never happened before and just started happening.  Any Suggestions??

Hi @bloomer, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Hi Rowena 

below is the diagnostic number 

Hi @bloomer, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your network that may be caused by wireless congestion, an audio dropout was detected in your due to sync error and the audio feed is too slow causing the playback to stop. 

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

1. A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  2. Remove and re-add Spotify music service on the Sonos app.
  3. For the next troubleshooting steps, please check out this article Music service audio stops or skips.

If you still getting the same error after performing the steps above, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting and understand your full network setup including the make and model of each device. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.