Answered

Playbar disappears from app control after network change

• 2 March 2022
  • 9 replies

The playbar connects temporarily (a few minutes) and disappears from the device list). I tried the solutions in the following posts but they don’t wotk.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/playbar-disappears-from-app-control-6826565

I tried connecting through ethernet but the same happens. Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 7 March 2022, 23:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Within Sonos app, under System > Network > Manage Networks, are your old WiFi credentials still visible here? If so, remove them.

If you’re then still having trouble with the Playbar being visible, I would complete a factory reset on it.

To factory reset, unplug from power, then keep the play/pause button pressed whilst reconnecting power, until the light flashes amber & white.

Once it starts to flash green, you will be able to add it back to your system again.

Hi! Thanks for your answe and help. Unfortunately the Playbar still doesn’t appear in Sonos app.

Hi! Thanks for your answe and help. Unfortunately the Playbar still doesn’t appear in Sonos app.

So after you chose to reset your playbar and presumably it’s status LED was flashing green, did you then go through ‘Add Product’ in the Sonos App settings …and if so, what messages were seen in the App?

It’s right, there was no message, the process seems to be completed OK but the device doesn’t appear in the app.

It’s right, there was no message, the process seems to be completed OK but the device doesn’t appear in the app.

Does the Playbar show in the ‘About My System’ list of devices, in the ‘Settings/System’ area of the Sonos App?  Is there an IP address assigned to it? Also do any other devices have the same Sonos ‘room’ name?

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. The playbar doesn’t appear in “About my system”, the only on there is the Move which is in room “Move”. 

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. The playbar doesn’t appear in “About my system”, the only on there is the Move which is in room “Move”. 

Well it’s clearly not working at the moment… so what were the actual steps that you took when resetting the Playbar and adding the device back to your system? Were you using a mobile controller device that meets the system requirements mentioned in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

Userlevel 7

Hi!

What router are you using?

Did you create a Sonos network on the 5GHz band or are you using encryption that is not compatible with the Playbar?

See Sonos system requirements

Also what is the current status of the Playbar? What light is showing? Is it currently wired to the router?

YOU DID IT! THANKS! I was using an encryption method not supported by the playbar! (I really don’t know why).

Thanks for all your help!