Play all not available in artist radio and top track (using Tidal)

• 12 October 2020
  • 17 replies

Since last update, play all button is not available anymore in artist radios and top tracks. I have to play music by music. This is using Tidal inside Sonos apps.  Anyone know how to get the button back? Tks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

I also have this problem. 

Badge

An addition to this issue is that it is no longer possible to pick a song in the top songs list and listen to the following songs.

/moba

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ask TIDAL to fix it. Looks like there was a regression in their SMAPI service.

Same problem here. Very annoying indeed! 

Might drop Tidal altogether if it isn’t fixed soon. 

Badge

I have just submitted a support request with Tidal. Hope that the can fix this bug quickly.

/moba

Yes - please fix. I’ve started to use Google’s service as it still works there …. But I want to use tidal

Same here!!!

Yes, so annoying.  I want to play ALL the Top Tracks for the artist.  Agree that Tidal needs to fix this, and is one more reason not to continue subscribing….

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi All.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you all are coming from and I’m here to help.

Sonos engineers investigate this issue and they found out that the Tidal Tops Tracks container for an artist will not show the Play All and Shuffle option.

This can lead to some unwanted behavior and confusion because when selecting a track-only that one track will play and not the whole container.

We are working with Tidal on a solution for this issue, but we don't have any timeframe to share.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a workaround but you need the tidal app. Start playing “all tracks” on the tidal app, and switch the output device from mobile device to Sonos device and then change to specific rooms on Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @sonnysideup.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

And sharing this wonderful workaround.

Other community members will surely find this very helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This issue is still not fixed. Do you know when Sonos/Tidal will get this fixed please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HiRESrules.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Have you already tried @sonnysideup workaround?

I have a workaround but you need the tidal app. Start playing “all tracks” on the tidal app, and switch the output device from mobile device to Sonos device and then change to specific rooms on Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Mark P - that’s great, that’s worked...but I guess the main issue has to be resolved by Tidal and not sonos then? cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HiRESrules.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Yap, it's a known issue right now with Sonos and Tidal and our software engineers are working with Tidal, but we don't have any timeframe to share.

But glad it works with you also chears.

I don’t think it a Tidal issue since I observed the same problem with a local music service - YouSee - in DK. So please Sonos software engineers go ahead troubleshooting. Looking forward🎸🎧🎻

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don’t think it a Tidal issue since I observed the same problem with a local music service - YouSee - in DK. So please Sonos software engineers go ahead troubleshooting. Looking forward🎸🎧🎻

That just means the developers of YouSee made similar choices to the Tidal developers. Sonos have no control over what is in the lists of items that music services deliver to the app.