Placing outdoor speakers

• 23 August 2023
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 67 replies

So, I am attaching some screenshots of the outside of our house. We spend most of the time under the over hang on the upper porch, where I use the Blackstone, but out in front too on the lower porch. I am wondering where would be the best place to put a pair of Klipsch aw650 speakers, I am running them to the inside of the house where we are putting a Sonos amp. I was thinking under the edge of the over hang and pointed to the lower porch, either in an upright position angled in from the corner uprights. Or was thinking directly down from the crossbeam. I could attach them to the house against the wall under the upper over hang, but not sure how the sound would project across the area. 

I am worried about not getting enough sound under the overhang if positioned on the uprights or front beam on the overhang but also worried about projecting sound across from the far wall. Any suggestions? The first picture I put colored lines in the 3 different arrangements I had in mind, the other pics are for reference to the area. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

In my opinion this is not the best choice. Don’t use the bridged connection when driving this subwoofer.

A mono amplifier would be a better choice for a single subwoofer.

Any amplifier will connect to AMP’s subwoofer output.

Ok, thank you. I’ll connect it through the sub output from amp

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have to say these 650s with AMP are a lot better than my 5s. Yes they’re a little messy because of the wires, but they sound more crisp, clear and get louder. I can easily hear them 100 yards away turned up to 61.