Answered

Physically extending boost unit location.

• 2 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a long ranch house, with my router near one end. I want to optimize my recently purchased BOOST. Locating at home’s mid-length will likely solve spotty disconnects to paired Play:1 units.

Can I simply buy/use a quality 25 ft. long ethernet cable extend to better locate the BOOST ? Or are there Limit complications of Cable or WI-FI distance between the BOOST and main router ?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 2 January 2024, 01:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, and yes, and no, but 25 feet shouldn’t be an issue for a CAT- 5 connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MKMBoost 

Maybe in your case this will help to optimize your SonosNet, but be aware of the fact, that SonosNet works like a mesh wifi where every device can connect to any other nearby device in range. The Sonos devices do not all just connect directly to the boost or another lan connected device.

So if your devices are spread nearby one to one each other along the house range, this can also work well.