Answered

Outdoor speaker and amp question and general integration

• 25 January 2024
  • 2 replies

(Newbie questions here)

I have two televisions and each will have a Premium Arc.  I will also have 2 sets of Era 100s in either the same rooms or different rooms.  I want to add a set of outdoor speaks for my yard. (None of this is yet set-up)

My questions are this:

(1) Do I need the amp for the outdoor speakers? 

(2) If I do need the amp, I presume it has got to be connected via wire to each outdoor speaker, right?

(3) Do I need the amp for the Era 100s that are in the home?

(4) Using the app, will I be able to control what is playing on each speaker (e.g., have them all in sync, or just have the Era 100s and outdoor speakers in sync, but Premium Arc separate)? 

Thanks in advance!  

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 25 January 2024, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

(1)  Yes, if you are using traditonal passive outdoor speakers.  You could use Sonos Moves or  Roam, as they are rated for outdoor use, but you can’t leave them outside  You would just take them outside when you need them.

(2) Yes, you need an amp for passive outdoor speakers

(3) No.  The Era 100s, like all Sonos speakers, have amp(s) built in.

(4) You will bond the speakers in the same room (speaker pairs, home theatre) as Sonos rooms.  Bonded speakers always play together.  You can temporarily group rooms together to play the same audio in sync.  Please note though that TV audio will play on the connected speakers immediately, while other rooms will be slightly delayed.

Thanks very much!!